Praga, on the right bank of the Vistula, was a separate town until 1791, when it was incorporated into the Warsaw city limits. World War II destroyed "only" 25% of its buildings, but after the war, for many years, Praga remained rather neglected and was considered infamous—the "bad part of town"—a moniker it did not altogether deserve. Recent years have seen many revitalization initiatives and art projects, and Praga has now begun to attract young and fashionable crowds.
POINTS OF INTEREST
Galeria Klimy Bocheńskiej
In a 19th-century liquor factory in the right-bank Praga district, the gallery exhibits, promotes, and even sells works by well-known…Learn More >