Travel to Iceland and delve into the ancient tales of Vikings and volcanoes on this eight-day adventure to its heartlands. Marvel at geothermal hot springs, witness the steamy eruptions of a giant geyser, touch the tongue of Europe’s biggest glacier at Vatnajokull and cruise the Jokulsarlong Glacial Lagoon, see lava that’s still warm after decades and witness the giant Skogafoss and Detifoss waterfalls in all their splendour. Travel through Iceland’s isolated corners and the land of the famous Blue Lagoon – so mysterious and ethereal that they have inspired artists, poets and musicians for centuries. Plus, with a local leader on hand to answer any questions and get you from place to place, you’ll be cruising around this icy isle in no time.
- Golden Circle (Thingvellir National Park, Strokkur Geysir, Gullfoss Waterfall)
- Responsible Travel Tree Planting Activity
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon Boat Tour
- Skaftafell National Park
- Skogafoss Waterfall
- Rocks of Reynisfjara
- East Fjord Scenic Drive with stops: Djupivogur, Faskrudsfjordur
- Namaskard Boiling Mud Pools, Dimmuborgir & Skutustadir Crater Group
- Dettifoss Waterfall
- Lake Myvatn
- Godafoss Waterfall
- Akureyri Walking Tour
- Snaefellsnes National Park
- There’s a lot more to Iceland than ice (and Bjork). Ford the fjords, glaciers, volcanoes and black sand beaches, and consider adding on a visit to the renowned Blue Lagoon for a soak in the geothermal springs.
- Spend the evening at the quirky farm town of Modrudalur – an isolated settlement and the highest inhabited place in Iceland.
- Walk to the mottled blue, grey and black tongue of Vatnajokull glacier – an ice cap so large it covers eight per cent of the country – and discover the incredible Skogafoss Waterfall.
- Glide past blue-white icebergs on an included boat tour of Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon and soak up the silence of the surrounding grey sand desert.
- Visit tiny villages and take enlightening detour to places like the Hvolsvollur region, where you will participate in a sustainable tree planting activity to contribute to carbon offsetting efforts.
Golden Circle / Hvolsvollur Valley
South Coast / Skaftafell National Park / Jokulsarlon
East Fjords / Modrudalur Valley
Lake Myvatn / Akureyri
Akureyri / Snaefellsnes Peninsula
Snaefellsnes Peninsula / Reykjavik