Named after Victor Schoelcher, a leader in the fight to free slaves in the Caribbean during the 19th century, this beautiful public library is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Fort-de-France. It was first built in Paris for the 1889 World Exposition, then taken apart and shipped to Martinique to be reassembled as it is seen today.
- Address: Rue Victor Sévère, Fort-de-France
- Phone: +596 596 55 68 30
- Address: Mon 1pm-5:30pm, Tue-Thu 8:30am-5:30pm, Fri 8:30am-5pm, Sat 8:30am-12pm