Russia, Warsaw & The Baltic States - Classic Group, 2021
Russia, Warsaw & The Baltic States – Classic Group, 2021
From a resurgent Warsaw, head to the thriving Baltic capitals. Your journey reaches its zenith with seven nights in Russia’s two imperial cities
Top Rated Highlights
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city’s highlights. See the Old Town, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Lazienki Park before paying your respects at the Ghetto Heroes Memorial.
- Vilnius: Visit the church of St Peter and St Paul and see the cathedral.
- Trakai Castle: Take in the idyllic lake setting as you cross the wooden footbridge to the red-brick Gothic castle.
- Siaulai: Visit the unusual Votive Hill of Crosses.
- Riga: Sightseeing of Riga’s Old Town with a Local Expert includes a visit to the Domkirk and seeing the city walls, the House of the Three Brothers and the castle of the Livonian Knights.
- Petrodvorets: Cruise by hydrofoil to visit the epic formal gardens of Peter the Great’s Summer Palace, bursting with cascades, sparkling fountains and golden statues.
- St Petersburg: With a Local Expert, explore the stunning former Winter Palace of the Tsars, now the spectacular Hermitage Museum, one of the world’s greatest repositories of European art.
- Sapsan Train: Sapsan in Russian, translates to falcon. Relax in modern luxury and comfort while you swoop by rail from St. Petersburg to Moscow in just four hours.
- Moscow: Visit one of the cathedral’s and the Armoury Chamber when you venture inside the Kremlin.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- One-way Sapsan train journey from St Petersburg to Moscow is included
- Complimentary transfers from St Petersburg airport are available at scheduled times, on arrival day
- Complimentary transfers to Moscow’s Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports are available at scheduled times, on departure day
- If your flights are outside these times or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way
Exploring the Proud Polish Capital of Warsaw
Vilnius, Venerable Capital of Lithuania
Vilnius and the Island Castle of Trakai
The Votive Hill of Crosses and the Art Nouveau Nirvana of Riga
Riga Sightseeing and on to Tallinn
Surrender to the Magic of Tallinn
St. Petersburg: To Russia with Love
St. Petersburg sightseeing
Petrodvorets by Hydrofoil
The Hermitage Museum
High Speed Sapsan Train to Moscow
Moscow, a Russian Revelation
Moscow and The Kremlin